Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Are You Serious...2nd Grade?


Up & Ready to Go!

Walking in!

Getting Ready to Color a "Central Park Gator."

His Table With 3 Friends From Last Year!

I cannot even believe that today Jayden began the 2nd grade. I really do not know where the time has gone. We went in his room this morning to wake him up and he was all smiles and ready to go. He was very excited to start school after attending open house on Monday. I think seeing his friends and the playground put him back in the "mood." I surprised myself with being more sad this year for some reason. I guess it's just because I realize that with the beginning of each school year, that is just one more year that I feel is gone. :-( In the video that I have posted below, you can see just a little bit of hesitation on his face when entering his classroom this morning. Jeff & I were talking about how he has gone from the "I'm scared because I will miss Mommy to the I'm am scared of the unknown." Does that make sense? He is growing fast...each day we will cherish, even the ones that are "difficult." We love you Jayden and are very proud of you!


2 comments:

  1. It is so hard to believe. These kiddos really need to stop growing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is sad to see the fear of the "unknown". Trevor's dealt with that the last couple of mornings. It's extra hard, b/c I know EXACTLY how he feels and I find myself feeling that for him. But, he has to go through this. I can see that and feel it watching Jayden too. Seriously, they were just sitting on your couch 2 and 4 mos old!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers