Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Winter Fun With Dad!


So, I have been quite delayed in posting this blog. And I didn't even have to write it! This one is from Jeff. As you can see, they had lots of fun.

Yeah, I live my life through my 7 year old ... so what!!

We were blessed with about 6"-8" of snow late last week. It was a really neat snow storm because there was minimal ice in the beginning and then the snow came down ... and down ... and down! It started Thursday night and never stopped until Saturday morning!

With this much snow, your only question is not are you going to play in it, but how often you will have to come in and run your hands under hot water to return them to their normal color and functionality! When Jayden wanted to go outside and have a snowball fight, I was more than happy to hit him in the face with a tightly packed and carefully constructed snowball!

Saturday morning, after the freezing fog, the snow was perfect for building a fort! So that is what we did. I can remember back in the day when we used to do this after a snow storm, and the cool forts and igloos we built. Jayden was excited and very helpful, I was the snow block builder and he was the one filling in the holes. "Hey dad, I want to add this and that!" he said. Which I quickly kaboshed with, "You don't know what you want son, leave this to me!"

In the end, HE got a really cool fort to hide in and I had to run around dodging his snowballs. We had a good time building memories!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers